In March, ILSR testified against proposed legislation in Maryland to qualify waste incinerators as a Tier 1 renewable source of energy.
- Nonprofits Slam Bills That Give Even Larger Subsidies to Waste Incineration Under Maryland’s Renewable Portfolio Standard - joint coalition press release, March 30, 2011
- Don’t Trash Renewable Energy in Maryland - one-page fact sheet
- “Top Ten Reasons to Oppose MD House Bill 1121 and Senate Bill 690″ - Factsheet
- ILSR’s Written Testimony on the Legislation
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts press release announcing the decision to maintain its moratorium on building new waste incinerators – December 2009